Wednesday, November 14, 2007


Which would I choose to do?

"My Lord, where's my bag?"....I stared hard at the laundry bag and the other clean clothes which I just received from the laundry man. My brown Padini sling bag was missing, nowhere to be found. I could suddenly feel my fury fast arising. This is not the first time that I have lost my things after sending to the Millenium Court's laundry service. The first month I stayed in this residence, I lost my other black sock...their reason is because the little sock was too little for the staff to notice. It must have made its way into the next person's laundry bag who used the washing machine after me. I took their explanation and bought a little laundry bag to accomodate my little washable items. On the second month, my friend's new big towel (inside my laundry bag) went missing. That time I sent three towels (two old ones and one newly bought towel). The funny thing is, why is it that, the new one got misplaced? Or maybe the new big towel was also left in the washing machine because it was 'TOO LITTLE' for the staff to notice? The third month I stayed here in this Millenium Court, I lost my worn-out but very lovable Padini sling bag. Now, what's their reason? The 'BIG' bag must have made its way to another person's laundry bag. Imagine if I stay here in Millenium Court for 36 months...that means if I am to lose an item every month, I will end up losing 36 items for the every month that I stay in Millenium Court! I do not think I can afford this!
I do not have the intention to blame anyone but I believe that God is in control of this incident. I am not angry or in rage but I am very much disappointed of such lacking in responsibility of handling the residents' laundry. After some discussion with in-charge of the laundry service, it sounded that they have an organized way of doing the laundry, from the receiving of the laundry bag to the washing to the drying up of clothes to the folding of clothes and lastly, on returning the laundry bag with clean clothes to the residents. And now, if their method of laundry is organized, how come the clothes still get misplaced or the new and nice items go missing? The in-charge was defending his staff and asking me "so, are you saying that one of my staff stole your bag?" Well, God knows who took my bag...
People will say, oh..it's just a bag, don't make a big fuss of it...Yes, it's only a bag but if people live in ignorance here and have this attitude of 'takpe la' or 'tidak apalah', then, I can assure myself that I will, and so will the other residents. lose their items, if not every month, maybe for every week that they send their laundry! This is about responsibility on the part of the staff and also the residents! Now, I have a choice to either forget the lost bag, accept the in-charge's offer to settle this dispute at their level (money compensastion, of course), go on with my life and just be ignorant of what had happened to me. This way, the laundry staff will not be in trouble with my complaint about the missing items and my life will be peaceful here in Millenium Court. On the other hand, I can make a change, give a wake up call to everyone and file a complaint to the Millenium Court Management (which the laundry in-charge told me NOT TO DO), sending the laundry staff into hot soup. Which one would I choose?

Prior to my knowledge of my missing bag...

Last Sunday, I went shopping with my sister at Sg. Wang Plaza and Lot 10. That time, as I entered Parkson, I had a strong prompting to have a look at the ladies sling bags and handbags (That day, my Padini bag was still in the laundry). I told my sister that I wanted to get a bag, I do not why, but I needed to get a bag, but thinking that I have the Padini bag for me to use on my vacations later, I buried my prompting. In other words, I choose not to follow my prompting. Leaving Sg. Wang and Lot 10, then suddenly, both of us decided to return to Parkson to survey through the bags again. We went to Parkson twice to check on the bags and at last, we did not buy any bag :( ...instead we decided to buy our mother a perfume. (Sigh) The Holy Spirit must have tugged my heart but I choose not to listen to it.

Blessings in Disguise from God

What I wanted to proclaim here is that God is at work in this incident. Simple and common incident it may sound, I believe that my God who is the Living God, will take control of this incident. Yes, when I call, when I pray to Him, He will listen (see Jer 29:12). No other God is like my God. God who is full of Love and Mercy. "God please make way for my bag to return to me again, but above all, O Lord, let Your will be done unto me." This incident has also taught me to stand up on me two feet, to speak out my mind, for I was very much a timid girl before. Well, of course, I did not go amok, start a quarrel with them and start banging at the counter or tearing other people's clothes. Of course, reverse psychology is being applied here too :P
I learned to speak up in a diplomatic way, for I was very much an impulsive and abrupt person before, in timid way that is! Now, I think with my head, not following the impulsivity of my heart.
Praise God! This incident has also introduced me to St Anthony of Padua, the Patron of Lost Things and Missing Persons. St. Anthony, I have lost a bag, please intercede for me so that my bag will be found again. Thank you, St. Anthony! ;D

This is a beautiful prayer to St. Anthony of Padua, a prayer of asking his intercession for us. Pray it and believe that St. Anthony listens to your prayer and that he will most certainly offer up your prayer requests to our Beloved Jesus who is so near to him in heaven ;)





Unfailing Prayer to Saint Anthony
Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.


O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore of you to obtain for me (request). The answer to my prayer may require a miracle. Even so, you are the saint of Miracles.
O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.


Amen. (Say 13 Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be)

2 comments:

SuMmeR_Ra|n said...

Sorry to hear that you lost the Padini bag...

Well, there's one suggestion for you... You can always wake up earlier to do your laundry, then need no worry about missing items from that unreliable laundry service you are currently employing.

Lidwina Nancy said...

Thank you very much for that suggestion. Well, if every resident of Millenium Court is to do this, I guess the laundry service will have to close down because every one will start doing their own laundry. Anyway, I have talked to the owner of laundry service, and he has agreed on compensating the identical Padini bag for me :) (Praise God!)...God has actually answered my cries! I have started filling up 'Declaration Form' from the laundry to declare every item that I send for laundry (just like the laundry sheet that the outside laundry shop has). And for your information, this laundry service is inclusive of the RM650 monthly rental room that I paid, and the laundry serice is not refundable, so, why waste such a service?